Anacortes is a larger harbor town that still hangs onto that small town feel. Located just a quick drive away from the mainland, Anacortes has a lot to offer. Just a ferry ride away to Friday Harbor, Lopez Island, Orcas Island, Shaw Island, Sidney, BC, Canada, Anacortes is a stepping stone to adventure. This seaside town is a hub for coastal activities including boating, kayaking, whale watching, and much more. The downtown has unique stores, eclectic art, shopping for old and new things. There is something for everyone in Anacortes.
Anacortes boasts an expanding, diverse public art collection and many festivals that happen throughout the year.
The First Friday Gallery Art Walk is held the first Friday of each month in downtown Anacortes from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. On these popular evenings, visitors and locals enjoy art in or many lovely galleries and often end up dining in one of our award-winning restaurants. Live music and entertainment can be enjoyed four or five nights a week in Anacortes – check out these businesses and venue sites: Anacortes Rockfish Grill, H2O, The Brown Lantern and The Heart of Anacortes.
- Early April – For wine enthusiasts, the Anacortes Spring Wine Festival brings 30 wineries, eight restaurants, plus chocolates and cheese to pier one overlooking the scenic Guemes Channel in early April.
- Early April – Don’t miss out on the Spring Boat Show! Featuring close to 100 boats in the water, plus other vendors to help you with all of your boating needs. There’s also free parking and free admission!
- All of April – The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival runs the entire month of April with events and bloom viewing. Downtown Anacortes businesses host a quilt walk all month long.
- Mid to Late April – Art in Bloom features fine art shopping, an auction event to support Anacortes Schools, a 5k Color Run, and more!
- Late April – Vintage Market at the Port of Anacortes Event Warehouse
- Early June – The Anacortes Waterfront Festival celebrates the nautical heritage of Anacortes with a fun, family-friendly event, which runs the first Saturday and Sunday in June at the beautiful Cap Sante Marina.
- June – Bark in the Park, hosted by the City of Anacortes
- Mid-July – 10 blocks of treasures can be found at the Annual Shipwreck Day on the third Saturday in July.
- July – Kids ‘R’ Best Fest, hosted by the City of Anacortes
- Early August – In its 6th decade, the Anacortes Arts Festival, is a celebration of arts in all forms. The festival runs the first full weekend in August each year. Plan to stay for the weekend and enjoy one of the area’s longest running festivals.
- Early October – Taste hand-crafted brews at the Anacortes Bier on the Pier, a two-day event during the first weekend in October on Pier One.
- Late October – Vintage Market at the Port of Anacortes Event Warehouse