A WHIDBEY ISLAND COMMUNITY
This neighborhood is one of my favorites for so many reasons! I will list a few below just to whet your pallet…
- AMAZING West facing views. Think stunning sunsets, snow-capped mountains and lots of boat traffic heading out the Strait of Juan De Fuca.
- Affordability. One of the few places on Whidbey you will find stunning views at price points below 500k. Home prices vary between $200,000 – $700,000 in this neighborhood.
- Strong sense of community. Sierra people LOVE living in this neighborhood and it shows. It’s a very friendly community.
The Libbey Rd. beach access is just down the hill and makes for a great walk with gorgeous views.
Just a quick drive down the road and you’ll find Fort Ebey State Park. You can walk for miles in this amazing park.
Some things to know…
All homes are on septic systems and many properties have drain fields on other parcels. New construction is restricted by water share availability. Sierra has a very thorough and well-managed process for allocating new water shares to protect the community well from salt water intrusion.
The community beach access is no longer in use because of concerns over bluff erosion. The access is still there but using it is discouraged (at your own risk).
SIERRA CLUB HOUSE AND POOL
- The Club House has a beautiful ballroom, large fireplace, tables, chairs and a small kitchen.
- Outside there is a large pool and a shallow wading pool for little ones. Next to the pool is a locker room with showers, bathrooms, and changing area. There is a playground, outside picnic benches, and a shuffleboard court as well.