It’s inevitable. After the gluttony of the holidays, you start to think about getting healthier again, shedding the eggnog and sugar cookie layer and relieving any pent-up stress through sweat.
But it’s cold outside! What options do we have in Oak Harbor? Well here are 3 really great ones but you only need 1!
- Largest public gym on the island
- 24 hours open membership option
- childcare offered onsite M-Sat
- variety of classes all day from 5:15am – 8pm
- Great shower and locker facilities
- Big and noisy (this might be a pro for some) but lacks the intimacy of some of the other options…
- Duh! It’s winter and this is warm! Hot and warm options available.
- Most instructors give you a short shoulder/head massage at the end. Divine!
- Antimicrobial flooring!
- Set schedule. You can’t just pop in whenever.
- Lots of sweat (this is a pro for some) so bring a jacket for getting back to the car
- Don’t plan on going back to work from this! Ha! You will be drenched, tired and relaxed. This is best at the end of your day or on the weekend.
#3 CrossFit Amethyst – The first day is free so come try it out!
- Andy + Katie! These awesome owners and coaches make you feel like family and are super supportive.
- Build strength & stamina.
- Use the motivation of working as a team to push yourself harder.
- Set schedule of workouts, not just a drop-in.
- No classes available between the 5am and 9am classes.